As a national association, our aspiration is to provide a multi-faceted platform empowering professionals and trainees to excel in promoting excellence within D/deaf education.
The Aims of Adept
28 June 2014
- To promote good practice and quality support services for D/deaf learners.
- To convene an annual conference for professionals and trainees working in D/deaf education.
- To represent the interest and views of professionals and trainees working with D/deaf learners.
- To encourage and provide training, resources, networking opportunities, advice and guidance for professionals and trainees working with deaf learners.
- To monitor developments/ attitudes, and liaise with other professional associations and governmental bodies, lobby regarding legislation, policies and procedures, promote equality for D/deaf learners.
- To encourage good practice by producing publications, such as appropriate assessment procedures, support provision, policy updates and highlighting current topics of concern.
- To encourage research and other initiatives linked to deaf education and support.
- To develop and maintain a register of qualified professionals and trainees.
- To provide fora for discussion of issues relating to deaf education.
- Doing all such other things as deemed necessary for the furtherance of the above aims.